Parents who have newborn babies want to make sure that their little ones are always safe—especially at night. This is why having the right baby monitor which can let you know how your baby is doing is a helpful tool.
In this article, we will discuss the best long range baby monitor that will suit you and your baby’s needs.
What are Long Range Baby Monitors?
Having any old baby monitor in a small house will work just fine. However, if your room is far from your baby’s or your house has different floors, an old baby monitor will not work well for you.
A long range baby monitor will let you know how your baby is doing even if you are doing chores around the house or when you are not sleeping together at night. It will give you the assurance that your baby is doing fine even if you are not watching him all the time.
Long Range Baby Monitor Products
Long range baby monitors provide you the assurance that your baby s safe all the time even if you are not constantly by his side.
Also, it will give you the flexibility to do other chores and take some time for yourself knowing that you will be alerted anytime your baby needs you. If you think that having a long range baby monitor is for you, the following are out top three picks:
Willcare Digital Audio Monitor with Two-Way Talking Feature, Large Capacity Rechargeable Battery & Long Operating Range
The Willcare Digital Audio Monitor is a great baby monitor that provides 2.4 GHZ wireless technology that ensures a stable connection. This guarantees that you can hear and monitor your baby even from a far distance or when you are in different rooms.
Willcare Digital Audio Monitor also ensures that your transmission is safe and secure so you won’t be heard through other radio devices.
This long range baby monitor has a noise-reduction feature to eliminate static, letting you hear only your baby’s sounds. Furthermore, the parent unit has a talk feature so you can soothe and talk to your baby even while you are doing chores around the house.
For easier carrying, the parent unit has a belt clip or you can have the option of using a lanyard and hang it around your neck. A fully charged parent unit can last for 20 hours so you won’t have to worry about the battery dying out at night.
What we like about Willcare Digital Audio Monitor with Two-Way Talking Feature, Large Capacity Rechargeable Battery & Long Operating Range are the following:
- Has 2.4 GHZ wireless technology for stable connection
- Keeps your transmission safe and secure
- Comes with a noise-reduction feature that eliminates static
- Parent unit comes with a talk feature, belt clip and a hole for lanyard
- Has an operating range of 1000 feet outdoors and 160 feet indoors
- Parent unit comes with a 600mAh rechargeable battery that can last for 20 hours
- Has a Smart ECO Feature that eliminates background noise
- Includes a comfort night light
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and 1-year warranty
VTech DM111 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor with One Parent Unit
The VTech DM111 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor features a DECT 6.0 technology that promises to provide clear and crisp sound coming from your baby’s room. This digital technology eliminates background noise and interference that makes hearing your baby easier and better even if you are rooms apart.
The built-in clip on the parent unit lets you carry it around with you while you are doing things around the house, with the assurance that you will be alerted whenever your baby needs you.
Furthermore, the five LED light indicator permits you to mute the parent device while still letting you see the level of noise in your little one’s room.
What we like about the VTech DM111 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor with One Parent Unit are the following:
- Uses DECT 6.0 digital technology that eliminates background noise and interference
- ECT technology ensures a secure and encrypted signal
- Comes with a volume control
- Has a five LED light indicator on the parent unit to show the level of noise in your baby’s room even when on mute
- Includes a built-in belt clip for easier portability
What we don’t like:
- Batteries do not last long on the parent unit
Philips Avent SCD630/37 Video Baby Monitor with FHSS
The Philips Avent Video Baby Monitor is a great choice for parents who want to see and hear how their baby is doing. It has a high resolution 3.5 inches screen which let you zoom and pan so you can see better how your baby is doing.
For night monitoring, the infrared night vision feature lets you see how your baby is sleeping even at low light settings. The A-FHSS technology will also guarantee that any transmission between you and your baby is safe and secure.
With the long range transmission capacity of this video baby monitor, you can easily see how your baby is doing when you are doing chores indoors or outdoors.
What we like about the Philips Avent SCD630/37 Video Baby Monitor with FHSS are the following:
- Features an A-FHSS technology that ensures a private and secure connection
- Features a high resolution 3.5 inches screen for clearer viewing
- Screen comes with a 2x digital zoom and pan for better viewing
- Comes with an infrared night vision for easy night viewing
- Has a range of up to 300 meters outdoors and 50 meters indoors
- Features a vibration alert
- Comes with a 3-level light indicator
- Comes with a temperature monitor
- Comes with lullaby player and soft baby nightlight
What we don’t like:
- Battery performance may decrease after a few months of use
- Video image is a little grainy
Verdict / Value
These three products are top-rated for their capacity to provide long range transmission so you can easily monitor how your baby is doing even if your room is far from him. Furthermore, a clear and long range transmission in you baby monitor will let you do chores around the house without worrying that your baby is crying.
Having one of these three baby monitors will provide you the assurance that your baby is safe all day and night.
Which is the Best Long Range Baby Monitor?
These three long range baby monitors are great in providing parents the assurance that their babies are safe no matter what time of the day. However, we prefer the Philips Avent baby video monitor because of its video feature which lets you not just hear your baby but see him as well.
This makes it great for parents who would like to actually see how their baby is doing, saving them the time from constantly checking on their baby.