You can decide if you agree with our verdict on this Baby Monitor before you buy a product to keep your baby safe.
The Summer Infant Sure sight comes with a 2.4 inch (6cm) LCD video display that offers color, but also black and white night view. It comes with a digital zoom so you take a closer look at any time.
The digital technology also ensures that you have control and privacy. It is a handheld monitor, but has a kickstand so you can put it on a counter. It has a battery life of up to 6 hours and can be wiped clean with a dry cloth.
You can also buy additional cameras and pair it to your monitor.But let’s take a look at the pros and cons, so we can see if it really shows the clear image it promises.
- 4 inch (6 cm) color LCD Video display
- It has automatic black and white night vision
- It has digital zoom so you can take a closer look at your baby
- It is 100% digital technology for added privacy and control
- The handheld monitor is portable
- It has a kick stand for use on table tops
- The camera has a nightlight
- It wipes clean with a dry cloth
- It can be paired with up to four additional cameras
- It has rechargeable batteries
- It has a range of 800 feet (243 m) with an indicator when you are out of range
- It has a 6 hour battery life and works with 110 V
- Weight: 3 pounds (1.36kg)
- Dimensions: 0.8 x 2.8 x 4.8 inches (2 x 7.11 x 12.19 cm)
- The blue nightlight is a great feature that can also be controlled remotely
- The camera base is very sturdy
- The image quality is clear and crisp and the colors are vivid
- It is very reasonably priced
- It is simple to use
- The zoom feature works well for when you want a closer look
- It can be wall mounted or placed on a table top
- The monitor can be carried in your pocket
- It is private and secure
- It has very little signalinterference
- It is not very durable and does not have a long lifespan
- The battery life of the handheld monitor is not very good
- The monitor can have glitches that can interfere with the connection
- It does not offer recording options
The Summer Infant Sure Sight comes with a handheld monitor that easily fits into your pocket and a camera with a strong sturdy base. The image quality is very good and the colors are bright.
The camera has the added feature of a blue nightlight that can soothe your little one if she gets a bit fussy. You can also control the nightlight remotely from the handheld monitor.
You can also buy up to 3 additional cameras that you can pair with one monitor so you can have views from different angles, or keep track of different rooms. It also has very little noise or signal interference for a monitor in this price range.
On the negative side it is not the most durable monitor out there and its lifespan can be very limited. The battery life of the remote monitor is really not great and needs to spend most of its time plugged in.
The monitor can also have a few glitches which might mean you aren’t connected for the camera for a few minutes. This is not great if you might not hear your baby cry without it. You cant record any of the images from the monitor
When we compare the Summer Infant Sure Sight to other baby monitors it does really well. It is a good contender in the mid-range category and is very reasonably priced.
It is user friendly and you wont need to spend hours reading the manual to be able to operate it or install it. The zoom feature works well and is a nice addition that other cameras in this price range does not offer. It is also unique with the nightlight feature.
This baby monitor is secure and private because it does not connect to Wi-Fi. This means there is no possibility that you can hack into this camera like you can with other connected types of monitors.
But where some of its competitors offers different ways of recording the video from the camera this Summer Infant Sure Sight only offers live viewing. You will also not be able to connect it other devices like you can with Wi-Fi cameras.
This is a good mid-range baby monitor. It wont cost you an arm and a leg and will do its job well for the money you spent. The Summer Infant Sure sight has good image quality and the nightlight is a unique and useful feature.
It is also secure because it does not connect to any Wi-Fi networks. It might be both a good and a bad thing. It offers excellent privacy and security, but less versatility and range.
So depending on your needs it can fit in really well with your home and the way you care for your baby. In this case you need to weigh up price, durability and your needs to decide if this monitor is for you.
If you are willing to spend a little more, there are monitors available that can give you a longer life and more versatile options. On the other hand, if you like the sturdy camera and the nightlight and have budget to keep in line, this is a good choice.